THE JHARKHAND OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY was
conceived in April, 1944 with the aim "to cultivate and promote ophthalmic and
allied medical sciences including improvement of public health and medical
education in Jharkhand from the ophthalmic point of view"..
The Society came into existence in the campus of Eye Department of Patna Medical College & Hospital (then called Prince of Wales Medical College) with a handful of members, Dr. Dukhan Ram being appointed as its president. Dr. Paras Nath Sinha took ....